UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 21, 2013

REVIEW: L'Occitane En Provence Honey Hand Cream

soften hands honey scented natural hand cream 20% shea butter
soften hands honey scented natural hand cream 20% shea butter


I'm a big fan of L'Occitane products and their hand creams never fail to impress me. I picked this Honey version up in a haul I did about a fortnight ago, and I actually got this for free in an offer L'Occitane were running on their Facebook page. The difference between this Honey Hand Cream and many of the other scented hand creams L'Occitane offer is that, like the original Shea Butter Hand Cream, this contains 20% Shea Butter rather than 10%. Now, don't get me wrong, a 10% Shea Butter content will leave your hands very soft indeed but if you have quite dry and sensitive hands like myself then a 20% Shea Butter content will really transform your skin. I love lightly scented hand creams and this one has just the most gorgeous scent to it. It smells very obviously of honey but isn't too sweet or too heavy to induce that sickly feeling I sometimes get from overwhelmingly sweet scents (most notably in my case from coconut or vanilla). It is basically just perfect. It is thick and moisturising but sinks in quickly enough for it to not drive you mad, and the scent is noticeable without being off putting. And I haven't even mentioned the packaging yet! First off, if you haven't already tried L'Occitane's hand creams then you can be reassured that the packaging is thick enough and study enough to live through even the most chaotic of handbags. Secondly, the white tube with the bear eating honey stole a piece of my heart by making me reminisce about Winnie the Pooh episodes I'd watched as a child. It's cute without being childish, and sleek whilst being functional. Basically, this is a winning product in my eyes and even though I have a stash of L'Occitane hand creams I think this Honey variety will likely be the one that I go out to repurchase.


This hand cream is available in L'Occitane stores or online here for £8*.



What's your favourite hand cream?


Share:

16 comments

  1. I've never used their products, but this sounds amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd high recommend trying anything of theirs out! I've never been disappointed by any of the products of theirs that I've tried before :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! Thanks for sharing :) I adore L'Occitane products, their rose blossom hand-cream is delish, and my shea butter lip balm is never far away. x

    iamjessw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their shea butter lip products! And all of their rose scented products are gorgeous xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds fab and the packaging is gorgeous! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the deal on this *grumbles* xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so easy to do! It was only advertised on theit fb page xx

      Delete
  5. I love L'Occitane products))) I own only shea butter tin, but I hope when I graduate and get another job I will indulge in these xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd need a job to be able to indulge in their products regualrly! Until then, I'll make the most of all the freebies I can get haha xx

      Delete
  6. I've heard such good things about this range! I love anything honey. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scent is so so nice, I'd highly recommend trying this out if you're a honey lover xx

      Delete
  7. I LOVE this so much, it's been a lifesaver for me over the past month! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous product isn't it! The fact that it's 20% shea makes all the difference xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig