UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 17, 2013

Guest Post: A Back To School FOTD by Shona from FreshBeautyXOX



Hello to all of Angelica's followers! I'm Shona from freshbeautyxox, my blog is a mix of beauty, fashion and lifestyle posts but today I'm here on One Little Vice talking to you about Back2School Makeup! To most people the thought of going Back to School is not exciting but it happens so it's a good idea to look towards it with a positive attitude! I know a lot of my followers are still in school so I thought it might be helpful to share the makeup products I'll be reaching for in September to create a fresh faced look!




I wouldn't say I'm a morning person but at the same time I don't hate waking up early. One thing I do know though is that I don't want to be spending that much time doing my makeup, I'd rather spend longer on my hair I think! For me products like mascara and concealer are vital to make me look more awake and ready for the day. However if I want to wear a little more makeup I still want to keep it natural and fresh, also age appropriate so these are the products I can see myself reaching for!

My trusty Collection Concealer is going to be well used whilst I'm back to school, I find it covers everything including redness, blemishes and dark under eye circles. It lasts all day on me as well so I don't have to worry about touching up at school. If you already follow my blog you'll know that my favourite long lasting mascara is the MUA Every Lash so this is definitely what I'll be using 90% of the time! I don't want to be worrying about my mascara flaking and smudging and I can't imagine you do either so always pick something long lasting or even waterproof for school.

On the days where I want to wear more makeup I'll be reaching for my Urban Decay Primer Potion and Naked2 Palette for a simple eyeshadow look. I can see myself reaching for the shades Foxy and Tease a lot. I personally don't plan on wearing eyeliner to school apart from the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eye liner in Nude to brighten my eyes a bit more, it makes me look more awake!

If you want to wear blush I'd recommend going for a tint like Benefit's Posietint which will give your cheeks a natural flush of pink and it will stay all day, you can use it on your lips as well! If you want to set your concealer/foundation in place use a powder like Rimmel's Stay Matte which will keep shine at bay and make your base products stay on longer.

Finally if you want to make your lips stand out a little for school I'd recommend the new Maybelline Baby Lips, especially if you are in Year 10-11. I think these are perfect for teenagers who are starting out with makeup and I'll be reaching for them a lot! If you are going into Sixth Form like me though you may want something a little bolder, I'll be grabbing my MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup which I actually won here on Angelica's blog! It is a really nice pink-y nude and it would suit a lot of people.

So, they are the products I'll be reaching for! Let me know below what year you are going into if you are still at school and if you plan to wear makeup! I'd love to know! Thanks for reading!


What make-up do you reach for when you want a natural, fresh faced look?



You can follow Shona on Twitter, Bloglovin', Instagram and SheSaidBeauty
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love posietint, I have Cha Cha tint as well and love it!

    www.beautyangel.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and simple, I wish at your skin when was in my teens (and well now as well :-) ) x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig