UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 22, 2013

My Favourite Facial Oils

face oils plump smooth skin even skin tone
face oils plump smooth skin even skin tone


Since first stumbling across facial oils in July they have very quickly become an essential element of my skincare routine. There is a facial oil for any and all skincare needs and I for one have become pretty reliant on them for quite a few reasons. I suffer from combination skin that still acts as though I'm in my late teens - I get oily patches, dry areas and frequent blemishes that leave behind dark spots that need help to fade quickly. I find that facial oils help balance out my skin (reducing the oil and re-hydrating dry patches) and they help fade the marks left by my blemishes too. I also know that they're good for dehydrated and mature skin because they're great at getting moisture back into the skin leaving it looking plumper, and often my general complexion looks brighter the morning after as well. I hope that I'm slowly convincing anyone who is still dubious that you should at least consider using a facial oil, but now I'm going to go on to talk about the three oils I've been really enjoying over the last couple of months.


facial oil for mature skin plump smooth glow


Decleor Aromessence Iris Reujuvenating Serum* is the most luxurious product that I'm going to be talking about today. It contains 100% natural Jasmine Absolute, Iris Conrete and Manuka, Lemongrass, Geranium and Rose essential oils and it is designed to be used in the morning or evening. It is especially aimed at mature skin because of its intense hydrating and toning properties but used sparingly I find that it can work wonders on all skin types. When I use it on my skin it brings back the glow that all the late nights I've been spending in the library, and all my days spend away from daylight, have otherwise robbed me of. I use this in the evening when I want to wake up with glowing skin. Although this small bottle is only 15ml, because it is made up of pure essential oils it is important to only apply a little at a time. I apply two drops to my finger tips and then apply it in light stokes across my face until it is completely absorbed. I really enjoy using this product and I'm keen to try more from Decleor in the future.



face oil to fade redness blemishes scars even skin tone


Rosehip oil is famous for it's ability to tackle redness and fade marks in the skin. Trilogy's Rosehip Oil is really lovely as it does so much for my skin without any real effort being needed! All I do is apply a couple of drops of this facial oil onto my fingertips and then gently massage it into my skin and I find that with regular, continued application the pigmentation of my skin is evened out and my skin is left a lot smoother. I think this is a great product to pick up if you're new to facial oils, especially because it is very reasonably priced. Don't be fooled by facial oils small sizes, 15ml/20ml lasts a really long time because you only need a couple of drops of oil a night.



face oil to fade blemishes plump skin even skin type

Liz Earle's Superskin Concentrate* was sent to me as part of the MyLittleSkinCareProject which I've been part of for the last few months now. I found that it took a while for me to get used to the scent of this facial oil as its quite strong but it really does a fantastic job at balancing out combination skin. When I use this facial oil my t-zone is less problematic and I don't suffer from dry patches of skin on my cheek. My face is very evenly but intensely hydrated. Liz Earle's Superskin Concentrate contains Rosehip Oil as well as Argan Oil and a Neroli, Lavender and Chamomile essential oils as well as Vitamin E - it's ingredients list is really top notch. If you can handle the scent (which is all natural, not an added fragrance) then I would highly recommend it to anyone suffering from similar skin complaints to me. This is definitely a fix-all product that I now really enjoy using.



Facial oils can be a bit of an investment in terms of cost but I find that a 20ml bottle will last me up to six months when used daily. I think they're definitely worth buying into and now that I've tried them I wouldn't ever stop using them as part of my skincare routine. Did you like the sound of any of the facial oils I mentioned? Do you use a facial oil that I haven't mentioned? As always I'd love to hear your recommendations! 

Share:

1 comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig