UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 18, 2013

On My Nails This Week: Essie's Lots of Lux

review swatches essie lots of lux textured blue
review swatches essie lots of lux textured blue



Lots of Lux* is part of Essie's 2013 Encrusted Treasures Collection and whenever I reach for it I feel as though I need take a moment just to appreciate how truly beautiful it is. On a shelf away from sunlight it could look pretty normal and unassuming, but in the light it is hard to ignore the shimmer that runs through it and gives it a gorgeous silvery-pink iridescence. Once I saw it in he sunlight I knew it was a polish that I couldn't ignore. Passing between different lights I find that my nails have the most beautiful radiance to them and with winter well and truly upon us (and Christmas looming not all that far away) it is the perfect way to embrace a little bit of glamour. For me, Essie's Lots of Lux is a wonderful festive polish that adds some much welcome glitz to my day-to-day life.



review swatches essie lots of lux textured blue
review swatches essie lots of lux textured blue



Other than it's beautiful colour, another element that makes this nail polish special is its texture. Textured nail polishes are among my favourite. I'm not usually a fan of a completely matte nail but a textured polish like Lots of Lux offers an alternative finish that lies somewhere between the two conventional finishes. The shimmer that Lots of Lux is laced with gives its finish a particularly attractive multi-dimensional look that stops it from looking flat. I found that without much in the way of maintenance (and without a topcoat) Lots of Lux lasted three days on my nails without any wear or chips but after that its wear-time degraded a bit and I had to re-paint my nails on day five. All in all I would very highly recommend it, especially if you want a nail polish to wear to any Christmas or New Year's parties - Lots of Lux is a showstopper!




What do you think of Lots of Lux? What nail polish are you wearing this Christmas?



Share:

5 comments

  1. Such a pretty colour, I love the textured effect too :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sparkly star effect but I don't know if I could handle the texture without me wanting to pick at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooow! the texture of it is awesome! hahaha


    jesselynnn.blogspot.com //FANCYTHEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of textured nails but LOVE the colour of this! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this colour is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig