UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 30, 2015

January Beauty Favourites

available online for £15.00

I've been using this facial oil morning and night ever since I first received it and I'm really impressed with it. Mount Purious' Rosehip Oil has a much lighter consistency than other rosehip oils I've tried. I find that it completely absorbs into my skin really quickly which allows me to use this in the morning and evening. Rosehip Oil is a complete staple for me - and has been for just over a year now. I've found that Mount Purious' Organic Rosehip Oil really helped keep my skin hydrated throughout the coldest, harshest winter months. I think the brand has a wonderful ethos - sustainable, with money from every purchase being donated to charity - and I'd definitely like to try more of their products in the future.


Urban Decay's Primer Potion

available online for £8.00

I'd been looking for a really good eyeshadow base for a long time but hadn't really known which one to invest in. Well, Urban Decay do a really handy travel size version of their Primer Potion which comes in at a pretty respectable £8.00 - and it's so totally and utterly worth it. It's the perfect size and price to try the product out and you'd be amazed at how little product you need at a time, I can see this small size lasting ages. If you struggle with creasing then you're going to love this eyeshadow base, it really does make a noticeable difference to the wear of my eyeshadows. 



Wild About Beauty's Nutrilips Balm in Hannah*

(pictured above wearing Hannah) available online for £14.00

This is a beautiful product. It's a really easy-to-wear sheer wash of colour that leaves my lips looking really full and juicy. I think that the price-point is a little bit high but I am suitably impressed by the quality of these Nutrilips Balms to consider purchasing more from the range. It isn't often that you find a hydrating lip product that offers considerable colour pay-off that actually lasts for longer than ten minutes. I find that the colour hangs around for at least an hour, and longer if I'm not drinking. If you haven't already tried any of Wild About Beauty's makeup range then these Nutrilips Balms are a lovely place to start.


Chanel Double Intensity Ultra Wear Lip Colour in Ever Red*

(pictured above wearing Ever Red)

This is the longest wearing lip product that I've ever come across. You apply it and then it just doesn't budge. You can eat, drink or even kiss (I had a surprisingly good date shhh) and it just doesn't go anywhere - it's incredible. Sadly it isn't easily available online but if you ever see these in store anywhere I would highly, highly recommend picking one up, that's basically my plan. And until then I'm happy to rock a bold, bright red whenever I need a reliable formula that's going to last me through an entire evening.

Balance Me's Wonder Eye Cream*

available online at £20 for 15ml

Finally, I'd like to give a very big shout-out to Balance Me's Wonder Eye Cream which has made a noticeable, visible difference to the appearance of my eye-area. You can even see the difference in the photos I've included in this post (there's roughly a four week time difference between the first and second picture), in my second photo my eye area is visibly brighter and much smoother. I think this is entirely down to incorporating eye cream into my daily routine. Seriously, even if you think that you don't need an eye cream you might be really surprised at what a difference it could make. I like Balance Me's option because it's light enough to sink in quickly but it looks and feels like it's doing something - and that's the only thing that would keep me reaching for a product. I'd definitely recommend it.


What have been some of your favourite beauty products this month?

Share:

6 comments

  1. hi dear,
    i love your natural make up
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you saw that much of a difference with that eye cream, I just recently reviewed it and I can't say I personally noticed a difference, everyone is different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely swear by primer potion! I have the colour sin and absolutely love it :) Also the Chanel lip colour is so beautiful on you! Definitely will be going on my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up a few Chanel lip products recently and can't believe how long wearing they are. Even the nude lasted all day (and dinner!).

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lipstick looks amazing on you!
    I have been loving the Maybelline Eye Eraser Concealer, Estee Lauder's Matte perfecting Primer and Mac's blush in Harmony!

    <a href="sarahmaureen17.blogspot.com.au>Sarah's Abode</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to check out the Mount Purious' Rosehip Oil! I've been looking for a new face oil that actually absorbs timely, so thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig