UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

May 10, 2015

An Easy to Wear Everyday Lip Combo

one little vice beauty blog: easy to wear everyday lipstick shade



Maybelline's Color Drama Lip Pencils were a really big hit when they were released, and like so many others I ran out to pick a couple up for myself. At first, I didn't really want to blog about them because it seemed like blogs were inundated with reviews and it just made it all seem a little bit boring. However, last month I picked up a new lipstick from Seventeen - their Mirror Shine Lipstick in Pouty - and although I really liked it, it just didn't give quite enough colour for my liking. I had a bit of a play around and I discovered that it looks really, really pretty paired with Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection. Together they're an absolute dream team, they offer long lasting colour that's comfortable to wear, and just enough of a glossy finish to leave your lips looking juicy without any of the high maintenance of a standard gloss.


one little vice beauty blog: everyday drugstore lip shade


To begin with, I apply Nude Perfection all over my lips - which is really easy to do with a chubby lip pencil. The colour it offers is completely opaque but the shade is very natural, indeed it's not too far from my natural lip colour. The formula of these Color Drama pencils is very satin-y, they definitely look matte on the lips but they don't have that drying feel. I then layer Pouty over the top and it glides on really easily without moving the product that's already on my lips. Although it's a very sheer lipstick, it does impart colour to your lips and Pouty transforms Nude Perfection from a dark nude into a lighter, slightly more milky colour that's much less stark against my fair skin. Together, they last really well on my lips. The Color Drama Lip Pencils stick around for ages and layered on top the Mirror Shine Lipstick lasts much, much better than other similarly non-sticky lip glosses. 


Together these two lip products have definitely been my favourite go-to everyday lip choices over the last month. What everyday lip products have you been reaching for lately?

Share:

4 comments

  1. This is a pretty combo. Very natural & ideal for everyday. I need to try those Maybelline lip crayons.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nude Perfection so I'l keep an eye out for the Seventeen lipstick as it looks like a lovely combination :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great bud-lips combo! I love Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Satisfaction and Max Factor Rouge Elixir in Midnight Mauve for a slightly darker-mauvy-nude option.

    xx
    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely for daytime. I wouldn't think of pairing the two xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig