UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

May 19, 2015

Super Simple Hair Styling Must Haves

one little vice beauty blog: essential everyday hair styling products


I'm not exactly lazy when it comes to doing my hair, but I definitely like simple, easy and quick styling routines. When it comes to styling products, I want to use things that are going to make the maximum difference with the minimum effort. Today's product pair work together really well, and between them they give me everything I want and need.


Noah Volumizing Spray*

Noah is a natural and cruelty-free haircare range that doesn't contain silicons, paraffin, parabens, mineral oils or SLS. I've been really impressed with one of their shampoos and conditioners that I've been trying out, and this Volumizing Spray is the other product from their range that I've been trialling. It's a very light-feeling, liquid spray that contains essential oils of Lavendar and Nettle. When your hair is damp you spray it into your roots before blow-drying. The final result is really wonderfully volumised hair, and I find that my hair stays looking plumped and lifted. I haven't had any problems with this spray weighing down my hair or making it look greasy, it's so easy to add into my routine and the results are very noticeable. I have quite fine hair that can fall quite flat, so volumizing sprays like these just add a little bit of life to otherwise boring, pancake-y hair. Noah's haircare range is really new to the UK so it isn't super easily available yet, but I've had such a good experience with their products that I just know it will get picked up by some great distributors soon. Keep your eyes peeled for their haircare, because it is oh so worth trying!

Color Wow One Minute Transformation* | rrp £16.50

If you're not really "into" haircare, or if you're looking to buy someone a present that's going to really impress them, then I'd highly recommend Color Wow's One Minute Transformation. It's one of those products that really does-it-all, and if you're into quick and simple beauty routines then this is definitely a haircare product for you. It's a medium-thickness cream that you apply to dry hair - this makes it perfect for re-touching second, or even third-day hair. I like to apply it mainly to the lengths and ends of my hair, before using whatever's left to smooth down the hair at the crown of my head. It does almost everything that I want from a hair styling product - it smoothes, de-frizzes and adds a subtle hold which helps your hair style to last that bit longer. The only thing it doesn't do is add volume (which is why I've also been using Noah's Volumizing Spray) but apart from that it really does everything that I could want it to and it's the only thing I've needed to reach for on a day-to-day basis - it's even rendered hairspray unnecessary! At £16.50 - and stocked on the shelves of Space NK - it isn't a super-affordable product. However, it's multi-tasking nature, and the fact that a tube could easily last several months even with daily usage, makes the price tag entirely justifiable. I'm absolutely and entirely impressed with Color Wow's One Minute Transformation styling cream and it's become an unshakable staple in my daily styling routine.


Have you tried either of these brands before?
What haircare products do you use?


Share:

4 comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these products, they are new to me. I usually use different products depending on the look I'm going for but for straight silky hair I use Matrix Murumuru oil for frizzy hair and argan oil. I'm always testing new hair products so I would add these to my list :)

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these sounds great i need to try them Colour Wow is a brand i really want to try

    I absolutely love Bumble and Bumble and Ojon

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig