UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 19, 2016

My Chelle Skincare for Dry Skin

one little vice beauty blog: Tropical Skin Smoother, Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum and Cactus Mask

Back in December I was very kindly sent some of MyChelle's skincare range for dry skin and not only have I really enjoyed trying it out for myself but I've been incredibly impressed with the results. I was sent three products - MyChelle's Tropical Skin Smoother* (£28.00), MyChelle's Ultra Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum* (£29.00) and MyChelle's Hydrating Cactus Mask* (£23.00) - and today I'm going to talk you through my experience using them. All of MyChelle's skincare is cruelty free, a lot of it is vegan and many of them contain organic ingredients. 

Let's start off with MyChelle's Tropical Skin Smoother*, as this is the first product you'd reach for as part of your skincare routine. This exfoliater combines manual (bamboo stem powder) and chemical (lactic acid) exfoliation, offering an effective way to remove dead skin cells, declog pores and brighten the appearance of your skin. I massage the product into my skin, focusing on the more congested areas of my face, and then leave the product to sit on my skin for a further two minutes - sort of like a super charged face mask. Despite being really effective, I don't find this exfoliater harsh on my skin and it's also totally suitable for dry skin types. It's also packed full of skin friendly vitamins and oils to nourish your skin as it gets to work.

A great product to follow-up with after exfoliation is MyChelle's Ultra Hyaluronic Hydrating Serum*. Putting it bluntly, this is one of the nicest serums that I've ever tried. If you have dry or dehydrated skin then your skin will probably love this stuff. Not only does it contain hyaluronic acid (an ingredient that's seriously hydrating) but you'll also find lovely skin friendly ingredients such as plant fatty acids, olive, and rosehip seed extract. All together, you're left with a thick liquid serum that aborbs into the skin almost instantly and leaves you with soft and healthy looking skin. During the really cold, dry months I've really been loving this serum and I think that for dry and dehydrated skin types this is a wonderful, wonderful choice.

Finally, if your skin is in need of some serious TLC, then you can reach for MyChelle's Hydrating Cactus Mask*. I didn't really know what to expect from this mask; I had a vague recollection that catcus is supposed to be a gently hydrating ingredient, but apart from that I had no idea! Luckily for me, this face mask has turned out to be a real winner. Not only is it an incredibly soothing product that's wonderful for sensitive skin prone to redness (thanks to the inclusion of blue agave) but it also really rehydrates skin, leaving it feeling healthy and restored. The formulation of the mask is a gel-cream consistency and it feels incredibly cooling when applied to the skin - and in the summer months I imagine that this will been incredible after a hot day in the sun! 

MyChelle are definitely a beauty brand worth exploring, and I feel very confident recommending them! You can find all their products on the MyChelle website, and many of their products are also available from Look Fantastic.
Share:

1 comment

  1. That serum sounds lovely for this time of year! Is that the one you mentioned on a blog comment?xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig