UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 06, 2016

Origins Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay Review

one little vice beauty blog: great face mask for combination skin.

I've been buying Origins' face masks for years, so I was pretty excited when they introduced the new Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay (£23.00) last year. I didn't get around to trying it until Christmas (when the lure of the sales grew too strong for me to resist) but my oh my was I glad to finally try it for myself!

I've had a lot of luck with rose clay masks in the past (I particulalry liked Lush's Rosey Cheeks Face Mask) and Origin's new mask has continued the trend. The main base of the mask is a thick and creamy rose clay, which I find dries evenly and helps with a multitude of skin sins. Not only does it help to declog my pores but I also find rose clay to be much more gentle on my sensitive skin than Origins' Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask, especially as it's a much easier face mask to remove. I find that the rose clay really helps to balance my skin, improving the appearance and texture of my dehydrated cheeks as well as my oily and congested t-zone.

In and amongst the clay are exfoliating jojoba beads, so as you apply and remove the mask you also achieve a gentle exfoliation. I love the combinaiton of cleansing and exfoliation, I find that it's a great way to achieve a number of skin benefits simultaneously. Not only does it help remove dead skin cells but it also helps to declog pores and stimulate circulation, which in turn helps to boost your skin's natural glow. The exfoliating particles in Origins Skin Rextexturizing Mask are quite fine so they don't aggravate even sensitive skin, and they leave my skin feeling smoother and looking much more radiant. 

Overall, I think that Origins Skin Rextexturizing Mask with Rose Clay is a great face mask for those with combination skin. I think that every aspect of the mask is quite gentle - the rose clay and the exfoliating particles - but it's still an effective facial treatment. And if you're wondering, I definitely prefer this new rose clay mask to Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask! 

Share:

3 comments

  1. I don't think I've ever tried a rose clay mask, I need to try it!

    Stephanie xxxx
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/hope-freedom-love-3436251

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really like the sound of this! I've been using the Clear Improvement quite a lot recently but there's always room for another clay mask :-) xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I love when masks have exfoliating particles in too :) xx
    Gyudy @ Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig