UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 05, 2016

Autumn Body Care - Body Oil Recommendations

one little vice beauty blog

I love body oils year round and all of these products are totally suitable for any time of year - especially if you're not a fan of cream moisturisers. I currently have three different body oils in my bathroom, and I've been using all of them on rotation. 

For a quick and easy everyday dose of hydration, I've been reaching for Le Petit Marseillais' Huile Sublimante - I probably use this the most often, mainly because it has a wonderful spray applicator which delivers a super fine mist. I picked this up whilst I was in Paris (you can find the brand in most Carrefour supermarkets) and it's a lovely affordable option packed full of natural oils. It isn't the most hydrating body oil in the world, but because the spray is so lightweight its great for quick and easy daily applications.

On the complete other end of the spectrum lies Fushi's Organic Argan Oil - this is an all natural and organic oil, but it's thick and slow to absorb into the skin. However, the benefit of using this product is that it delivers wonderful results, especially when used on the face or drier areas of skin. I tend to only use this in the evening, as I typically don't have the time in the morning to wait around for it to absorb. That being said, Fushi have a great range of oils and their Sweet Almond and Fractionated Coconut Oils are a better alternative if you're looking for something to use in the morning. 

Last but not least, I have a much beloved bottle of Nuxe's Huile Prodigeuse. I love this body oil so much, but for me it represents a dose of evening luxury. I use it not only to moisturise my skin but also to impart it's iconic musky fragrance onto my skin. The oil itself is really lightweight and absorbs quickly and I find that it makes a real difference to the appearance and feel of my skin - but the results aren't very long-lasting. I think of Nuxe's oil more as a skin treat than an everyday essential, but it does make me feel pretty great whenever I reach for it.


What body oils do you love? Are there any brands that you'd particularly recommend?
Share:

1 comment

  1. I thought they would be too frosty but they really are beautiful and comfortable. Not a bit of scratchy glitter anywhere. I really like it. i will think about those for buy those.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig